- Is 40% less expensive than ChloraPrep® Patient Preoperative Skin Preparation per 26 mL applicator1
- Designed to be applied in a single, painted coat- 2 log reduction - abdomen at 10 minutes- 3 log reduction - groin at 10 minutes. Both sites maintain counts below baseline out to 6 hours.
- Covers more than twice the area than ChloraPrep. According to labeling, a 26 mL applicator of ChloraPrep will cover an area 13.2 inches by 13.2 inches, or 174 square inches. In comparison, a 26 mL applicator of 3M™ DuraPrep™ Surgical Prepping Solution will cover 15 inches by 30 inches or 450 square inches.
- Has substantial clinical documentation including data in simulated surgical conditions- 5 human safety studies- 9 in vitro studies- 8 in vitro studies- 8 clinical in-use studies
1ChloraPrep solution brochure: "Surgical site Infections: the economic impact"ChloraPrep is a registered trademark of Carefusion Corporation.
Clinically proven and cost effective, this patient skin prepping solution meets AORN and CDC guidelines for the reduction of surgical site infections.
3M™ DuraPrep™ Surgical Prepping Solution gives you effective antimicrobial kill in a single, painted coat, along with significantly greater drape adhesion when compared to ChloraPrep® Antiseptic.1 3M™ DuraPrep™ Surgical Prepping Solution, is not povidone iodine and is not represented in any clinical study that references PVP-I. 3M™ DuraPrep™ Surgical Prepping Solution keeps resident bacterial counts low for at least 48 hours after blood and saline challenge, and at least 12 hours against transient bacteria.1,2
Don't let the applicators fool your surgical team. Only one surgical patient prep is NDA approved by the FDA to be applied in a single, painted, coat with no scrubbing: 3M™ DuraPrep™ Surgical Prepping Solution.
1Following ASTM E1173
2Data on file (05-010565), 3M Health Care
- The 8630 large-size applicator is appropriate for: Large prep areas below the neck
- Thoracic and CV
- Total hip and knee
- C-section and major abdominal surgeries
- Do not use the 26 mL applicator for head and neck surgeries. The volume of liquid is difficult to control in this application. Instead, use the 6 mL applicator.