- Provides a waterproof barrier to external contaminants including liquids, bacteria and viruses. In vitro testing shows that the transparent film provides a viral barrier from viruses 27 nm in diameter or larger while the dressing remains intact without leakage
- Roll is 4 inches x 11 yards and can be easily cut to desired shape or size
- Conformable: dressing flexes with skin for greater patient comfort
- Can be used for protection of at-risk skin from friction and body fluids, as a waterproof fixation of primary dressings, and for fixation of medical devices or infusion tubing.
- Adhesive is gentle on skin and conformable dressing flexes with skin.
4 inch x 11 yd (10cm x 10m) Transparent Film Roll
This non-sterile roll version of 3M(tm) Tegaderm(tm) Transparent Film Dressing provides all the benefits of surgical tape while providing a waterproof, bacterial and viral barrier. In vitro testing shows that the transparent film provides a viral barrier from viruses 27 nm in diameter or larger while the dressing remains intact without leakage.
- Hold primary wound dressings and/or non-sterile appliances securely to skin
- Secondary dressing over alginates, hydrogels, and gauze or for other applications where non-sterile tape would be used
- Protective dressing for patients who are at risk for skin breakdown
- Protect intact skin during negative pressure wound therapy, e.g. periwound skin
- Protective eye covering, e.g. during surgery to keep eyes closed
- Protect temporary skin markings used for radiation therapy
- Post tattoo application and removal