During this global crisis, the safety of our employees and the public, including healthcare workers and first-responders, must be paramount. We are grateful for the work our people are doing to support the public health response and are taking actions to protect their well-being, including remote work when possible and robust safety protocols in our facilities.
Since January 3M has doubled production of N95 respirators to 1.1 billion per year at its global manufacturing facilities, including in the U.S., Asia and Europe. 3M will double its capacity again to 2 billion per year within the next 12 months.
In this crisis 3M is experiencing an unprecedented surge in demand for N95 respirators, and demand will outpace supply for the foreseeable future. As we urgently work to expand our own production, we are also working with governments and others to prioritize, triage and redirect supplies to serve the most critical needs and areas. 3M is also partnering with other companies on a range of innovative solutions to protect healthcare workers and first responders.
• Since the outbreak began, 3M has doubled global production of N95 respirators
• Manufacturing lines are running 24 hours a day, seven days a week
• Taken actions to enable 3M to double N95 respirator capacity once again, to 2 billion globally, within 12 months
• Most N95 respirators in Hong Kong are now designated primarily for health professionals on the frontline of response
• Working with governments, distributors and others around the world to prioritize supplies for the most critical customer and public health needs
• 3M has not and will not increase prices for respirators in this crisis
• Working with law enforcement agencies around the world to pursue third parties that seek to take advantage of this crisis
• Customers with concerns about fraudulent activity can report their concerns at 3M’s website
• Taken measures to protect 3M employees, and continue to monitor workplaces to ensure they have the support they need
• Sustaining operations around the world by working differently, partnering with local experts and governments, and collaborating globally
March 31, 2020
If you have questions about the virus and how to best protect yourself, please consult the sources below for the most current guidelines and recommended precautions.