“N95” is one of the standards for particulate filtering respirator set by the US NIOSH. A NIOSH-approved N95 respirator filters at least 95% of airborne particulate contaminants.
Only when properly applied can 3M™ N95 respirator be expected to reduce exposure to airborne particulate contaminants. Healthcare professionals should use those respirators that are also fluid resistant to enhance protection in hospital settings.
• Those with eyeglasses should take them off first
• Pre-stretch the straps before placing the respirator on the face (for #8210)
• With the nosepiece up, position the respirator over your nose and mouth
• Pull the top strap over your head, position it at the top back of your head and above the ears
• Pull the bottom strap over your head and position it around the neck below the ears
• Move your fingertips from both hands down both sides of the nosepiece and mould it to the shape of your nose to seal air off effectively. Check the respirator-to-face seal for each wearing:
o Positive-Pressure Seal Check (for respirator without exhalation valve): Place both hands completely over the respirator and exhale. The respirator should bulge out slightly. If air leaks at the respirator edges, readjust the nosepiece, the straps or the position of the respirator.
o Negative-Pressure Seal Check (for respirator with exhalation valve): Place both hands completely over the respirator and inhale deeply. The respirator should cave in slightly. If air enters at the respirator edges, readjust the nosepiece, the straps or the position of the respirator.
• The hygiene of your face and hands;
• Your personal health conditions (please refer to the answer of Question 7);
• Check and make sure that the respirator is intact, check its expiry date and if the packing is sealed properly.
The respirator has one standard size only. If you have any particular requirements on the sizes of 3M respirators, please contact our sales representatives.
Anyone with the following conditions is not suitable to wear 3M™ N95 Respirator or have to consult medical advice before wearing it:
• Suffering disease on respiratory system, asthma or emphysema, etc.;
• In pregnancy;
• Discomfort occurs after wearing respirator, e.g. breathing difficulties, dizziness etc.
Please do not use the respirator in atmospheres containing less than 19.5% oxygen.
Since 3M™ N95 Respirator is designed for occupational use, its size may not be applicable to children’s faces and will affect the effectiveness. It is therefore not suggested for children to use 3M™ N95 respirator till further notice.
• Avoid storing the respirators in hot and humid place
• The environment and containers for storage should be clean and neat
• Record the purchase date and keep the receipt
Avoid direct contact with the used respirators. Put them in a plastic bag which is carefully wrapped up and disposed in a covered refuse container.
It depends on different situations and environments. However, if breathing difficulty or any distress occurs, the wearer should immediately leave the hazardous area (such as the ward or the place with polluted air) and then take the respirator off.
Respirators need to be changed in one of the following situations:
• If respirator is soiled by such body fluid as blood or spittle;
• If respirator is damaged.
Surgical mask is suggested to protect the liquid splash. Respirator is being used to protect airborne particulate contaminant. Table below lists the use of different masks for reference.
|Nexcare™ Earloop Mask/ Surgical Mask||3M™ PM2.5 Pollution & Haze Respirator||3M™ N95 Particulate Respirators||Nexcare™ Comfort Mask|
|Use||To protect against liquid splash||To protect against airborne particle||To protect against airborne particle||Keep breathing air warm|
|Caution||Face fit is not possible, masks fit loosely over the face leaving large gaps between the mask and the wearer||Need to be aware of respirator fit, fit test is recommended||Need to be aware of respirator fit, fit test is recommended||Particle filtration is not evaluated|
|Standard||Bacterial Filtration Efficiency,
Particle Filtration Efficiency
|GB2626-2006 KN95 standard (China)||NIOSH N95 standard (US)||Nil|
3M technology continues to improve people's daily lives. As of the end of 2019, 3M global sales of more than 32.1 billion US dollars, nearly 96,000 employees connecting with customers around the world to develop business. To learn more about 3M's innovative solutions to the world’s challenges, please visit www.3M.com or follow @ 3MNewsroom on Twitter to find out more about our developments.
3M Hong Kong Limited, a wholly-owned subsidiary of 3M Company, was founded in 1961 to satisfy customers with superior quality, value, and service. Primarily served as a sales and marketing hub for 3M products, we focus on four major businesses including Consumer, Health Care, Safety & Industrial, Transportation and Electronics. For more information, please browse www.3M.com.hk or follow @3M Hong Kong on Facebook.
Tel: 852-2806 6111
Address: 5/F Victoria Centre, 15 Watson Road, Hong Kong